Thursday, January 15, 2009

About those apron strings....


Lately, most of my mornings follow the same pattern.

My oldest daughter, a fabulous mom of two boys, calls to update me on the status of her "about to be updated kitchen". So far, so good. I can keep up with the day-to-day changes (despite the glut of revised renderings that clogged my inbox last week).

Next, my youngest daughter calls to tell me about the dogs....her two, Penny and Rocky, plus any other dogs she's fallen in love with that day (she manages a doggie daycare/spa and is a dog freak...in a good way).

And that's how, unless I have a morning meeting (which I try to avoid) my day begins.

Today, for some reason, it occurred to me that while the apron strings have stretched (some days neither calls, but it's rare), they're not torn. And that is why I just created this blog. Because I know I can't be the only boomer mom whose daughters, grown as they may be, are still a part of each day.

Will I be saying "Call you back. I'm working on a project." forever? If so, I'm one lucky mom.



2 comments:

  1. WoW! This is so cool!!!! I'm so thrilled that you wake up happy each and every day! Thanks for listening to me bitch and moan, seek advice, and just call to say, "hi." You are one fabulous mom and a way cool Grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, shucks. Well you're one terrific kid and a super mom. I had no idea I was such a great role model ;-)

    ReplyDelete